Sharing a horse
What is the feature Sharing a Horse? 🤔
In the Equisense App, you can share your horse with other people: friends, your trainer, another rider, your vet, professional riders etc.
By sharing a horse, several people can access the horse's profile via their own account to see the horse's sessions, create new sessions, add comments and more.
How do I share my horse? 📲
Open the Equisense App and choose the profile of the horse you want to share. You will find a new tab under the picture of your horse. From now on there will be 3 tabs: "Sessions", "Statistics" and "Share".
- By clicking on "Share", you will find a list of the people with whom you have already shared a horse. If you share a horse for the first time, this list is still empty. If you wish to share a horse, simply click on "Share my horse".
- Insert the name of the person you want to share your horse with. A sharing link will be generated.
- Click on "Send invitation".
- Choose how you want to share the link: via text, via messenger, via email etc. There is a whole list of options from which you can choose!
- The person receiving the link has 7 days to click on the link and accept the invitation.
How do I accept and access a shared horse? 📲
You are going to receive a link from the person who wants to share her or his horse with you. Here is how you proceed:
- Click on the link and accept the invitation within 7 days. After these 7 days the link expires and your friend has to send you a new one.
- By clicking on the link you will be either redirected to your browser or asked to open the link via the Equisense App. This depends on how the link has been shared with you. In any case, you will end up in the Equisense App. In the Equisense App, accept the invitation.
- From now on, you can find the shared horse in the list of your horses in the top right corner or by clicking on "horses" in the bar at the bottom of the screen. If you want to see who has shared the horse with you, simply choose the horse and click on the tab "share". If you want to see the sessions of this horse, simply choose the horse and click on "sessions".
Important Information 💡
The feature is available for app versions 14 and higher. Every app version 13 and lower do not have this feature. So make sure your app is up-to-date to see the new feature! Users with an older version receiving an invitation will be automatically redirected to the app or google playstore in order to install the app update. This update is necessary to display the new feature.
For each person you want to share your horse with a new and unique link has to be generated. For security reasons this link expires after 7 days if not validated. This means that if a person opens a link which has already been validated by somebody else, an error occurs saying "link expired".
The link does not work if the person connects to the same account as you; This means that it is not possible to use the link with the account which created it.
In the case that you were using one account for two people, one of you can now create his or her own account and you can simply share your horse among you.
You can share your horse with several people. Just make sure to send a unique link to each person.
The owner of the horse (=the person who created the horse) is the only one who can modify all the sessions and information. The tenants (= the people with whom a horse has been shared) can only edit their own sessions.
How to stop the sharing?
Regardless of whether you are the owner or tenant, you always have the possibility to stop the sharing. By stopping the sharing, the horse and all its sessions disappear from the tenant's timeline.
Follow-up and History
This first version of the sharing consists of a classical follow-up:
- Once the horse shared, all data (ancient and new) will be accessible.
- It is not possible to filter the sessions according to rider. The follow-up is displayed by horse.